1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Froyo Bugs and Questions - Post em Here

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Trident, Aug 1, 2010.

1. JsT

JsT Well-Known Member

Well signal issues are all software related so I imagine the changes that have been made in Froyo could be reversed in theory.

Advertisement

2. On 2.1 I could see which applications were running by using the battery widget, and also see how much battery each application was using. Now it seems all apps from the market are listed under "Android System". Any way I can see the breakdown of "android System" like 2.1?

Thanks.

3. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Android Enthusiast

Same issue here,pain in the arse,one minute its full bars next it's got none.

:mad:

4. Phantom1275

Phantom1275 Newbie

I guess Froyo has broken Youtube app.

I remember watching videos over 3G, and it worked ok. Now youtube videos over 3G suck!

There's no video buffering when I pause, so it only loads the video when it its playing. This makes the video chop/lag.

5. mikebell

mikebell Well-Known Member

Ouch! I'd call that a bug alright.

6. Fishyweb

Fishyweb Android Enthusiast

My guess is that may be due to auto screen brightness adjusting for ambient light after you unlock. Try disabling auto brightness and see if that makes a difference.

7. stringent

stringent Member

Well I have the push bug. 2 GMail accounts and only 1 syncs up. The other have to force a manual refresh. I also feel the battery life seems 'shorter' compared to 2.1. However, I won't be going back to 2.1, 2.2 is good enough to keep for the moment.

8. ctrl_j

ctrl_j Lurker

Hi all,
    I noticed that with froyo are outgoing messages in Gmail app (reply or forward) only in plain-text. On Android 2.1 messages was sent as html. Viewing HTML messages is ok, sending not.
    What

9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Member

Weird, for some reason sticking my apps on the SD card causes the phone to restart randomly :thinking:

I'm guessing I've got a rebel app that dosen't like being dumped on the SD card causing it :eek:

10. maym86

maym86 Lurker

HTC Desire Message app jumps back to top of thread.

Since I've installed 2.2 on the desire the message app jumps to the top of a message thread randomly while I'm writing a message meaning I have to scroll to the bottom again. This can be very annoying in thread which I have lots of messages. Any ideas on how to fix this?

11. DroidPete

DroidPete Newbie

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but if I try to edit my contact card, it seems to freeze. :S
    ^Edit: Fixed - I cleared contacts storage - it had got up to 50Mb (probably due to my last point about FB)

Also, I've never noticed this previously, but when I sync my Google contacts it says it's currently unavailable - common problem? Or just happens during busy times?

And something that has been mentioned, but I'll say it again: Facebook and People app's need to >talk<!! Hate seeing 5-6 of the same contact linked together.

12. traustie

traustie Newbie

I found out what my problem was. It seems that the last video I took was corrupted, so I deleted it and now the camcorder works :D

13. trevytrev

trevytrev Well-Known Member

I've had a few niggles with Froyo and so I'm just going to try a factory reset and see if it solves it. I've not had to do one yet so can someone just tell me what exactly I'll lose by doing it, settings email accounts etc? Will photos and stuff on the SD card all be OK? Thanks.

14. nacatomi

nacatomi Android Enthusiast

Not had to do it myself yet but as far as I know you only lose your apps and homescreen settings, everything else restores.

15. trevytrev

trevytrev Well-Known Member

Thanks, and I assume the apps you've already purchased will be available once you sign back in to Google, is that right?

16. nacatomi

yeah apps are tied to your google account

17. tsh

tsh Newbie

My guess is that the majority have no issues, and don't bother even reading the forums. I have zero issues with 2.2 that I have noticed to date, and some definite benefits. (albeit fairly minor - but battery life does seem improved)

18. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

FWIW I've now upgraded and don't seem to have any issues.

I did a factory reset then immediately installed the update so there was no chance of any installed apps causing issues. Once installed I then did another factory reset before reconfiguring the phone. I also declined the offer to restore from the SD backup and configured everything manually again.

Whether any of this helped I don't know but I thought it couldn't hurt given the issues many have experienced :)

19. robinta

robinta Well-Known Member

has anyone been able to get the rds functionality on the fm radio yet ? I can't.

20. nacatomi

As far as I'm concerned you must have to be sitting on the transmitter to even get the radio functionality on the fm radio!!!!!!!!!

21. robinta

robinta Well-Known Member

true ! some headphones seem to give better results than others. far from perfect though.

22. Zaichik

Zaichik Member

Like others in this thread, I'm not getting update alerts for aps since upgrading to 2.2.. Is there a fix for this?

23. nacatomi

Not that I know of... only checking manually now and then in the downloads tab on the market. I think I remember reading about an app that searches for updates but I may be lying ;)

24. Emmsie

Emmsie Newbie

My battery life is most deffo worse since upgrading to 2.2 and there is now a lag when I type :(

25. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Android Enthusiast

I can't say I have any issues... everything just seems better. Actually, I have noticed that my phone seems a bit more eager to rotate the screen, but other than that all is well.

HTC Desire

Tags: