1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Official Nexus 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BiGMERF, Oct 26, 2010.

1. StarMenace

StarMenace Android Enthusiast

It might be a fake, if it is it's a good one.

Advertisement

2. SupremeBeaver

SupremeBeaver Android Enthusiast

the picture isn't showing. anyone have another link?

3. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery

AndroidandMe or AndroidCentral had an article that disclaim that picture as a fake. Plus, it looks nothing like the Nexus S that Schmidt was holding in the Web Sumit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Extreme Android User

been quiet lately....... No news is good news!, isnt it?

5. Bmerz

Bmerz Well-Known Member

6. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Android Expert

That all plastic body makes baby unicorns cry.

7. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery

Why is it that all leak pictures look like CRAP! It's like they took the picture in the dark in an earthquake -_-;

512 or 328MB Ram (Not 100% known) <--that better not be the spec!!! 328MB...c'mon that's gotta be a joke and 512 is what we have already :mad: I was thinking it'd be 1GB of RAM

8. sookster54

sookster54 Android Expert

Yeah scrubbing out the rest of the kernel version and baseband... what? doesn't seem right.

9. razvan06

razvan06 Android Enthusiast

Samsung likes baby unicorns crying :(

That would make one hell of a phone ...but ,neh! ...then it would be too good

10. happy0506

happy0506 Well-Known Member

interesting. it says the bluetooth, wifi, and gps antennas are being changed int the ns. makes sense. i had a galaxy s phone and while everyone knows about their gps issues, i had problems with the bluetooth also. it would disconnect and reconnect to my bluetooth headset every few minutes if the phone was in my pocket. never had that issue with any of my other phones. maybe google is making samsung do a little more qc testing on the ns and forcing them to fix problems before it is released. this would be a new concept to samsung. (had to take my jab :eek:)

11. Teknologic

Teknologic Android Expert

In other words, to all you Samsung Galaxy-like phone owners with GPS/data problems:
    Tough luck getting that issue fixed, you've just been given faulty hardware.

As for the rest... I've already lost interest in the Nexus S and it hasn't even been released yet.

Oh well.

Mostly Harmless likes this.
  12. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Android Expert

Agreed!

13. rubi76

rubi76 Well-Known Member

the only thing that could save the nexus s is a new processor and T-Mo HSPA+ compatibility.
    The rest is already on the mytouch 4g so nothing new.

14. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert

I'm not sure I was ever interested as I knew it was a Samsung.

Maybe I'll change after seeing reviews and the hardware...

15. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Extreme Android User

except that the mt4g is full of tmo bloatware and htc my sense... so that most definitely will delay future system upgrades...MT3G just got 2.2 , in a slimed down version

16. happy0506

happy0506 Well-Known Member

i haven't lost interest in the ns, however, i am quite skeptical because of samsung being the manufacturer. there is a chance that google will not allow samsung, well... to be samsung and produce a buggie phone. you would think google is aware of samsung's rep and past issues. it would be nice if the ns came out and became a worthy successor to the n1. i'll be waiting a while after it comes out to see what the early adopters say about it.

17. rubi76

rubi76 Well-Known Member

agreed - i was referring more to the hardware.
    If the specs of the Nexus S are confirmed it doesn't bring anything new hardware wise --- the mt4g beats it.
    Also, I had bad experiences with Samsung Androids (had a Behold 2 for almost 8 days before selling it on ebay ....and Samsung still owes me one for that piece of crap...) so ill stick to my beautiful Nexus One for now :D

18. razvan06

razvan06 Android Enthusiast

19. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert

Pictures look OK (except for the dark party one).

Saw the video on Engadget a couple of days ago - it's horrible!

20. Rusty

Rusty Android Expert

21. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert

Agreed.

Wouldn't mind the (seemingly) updated Nexus wallpaper for my N1 though!

So - I reckon we'll have to wait until after the Nexus S launch to receive 2.3 on the N1...

Tags: