• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Okay, The glass on the TB sucks!

If you are outdoors often while using your phone, get something with an orange-peel texture like a Zagg Invisible shield. They do help reduce glare just a bit. If you want crystal clear, try Seidio or BestSkinsEver. Have used both and liked them equally.

Stinks about your screen though. Definitely try to get a replacement.

Upvote 0
I have never had a broken screen on any phone i have used. This phone treated no different. Case. Handle with care. Wipe screen with soft cloth. The same cloth i use on my $700.00 Camera lens. But tonight i was online. I swept the screen up and felt something on my nail. I look closer and it is a hairline crack. I honestly can not think of any way this could have happened. I have never dropped it, or banged anything on the glass.

I turned off the phone to take a pic and send it to Wirefly for a replacement. I see tons of swirl marks on the screen. I cant feel them, But they are all over the glass. Swirl marks! I grab the Fascinate and look at the screen closely. Not a single swirl. Man, These phones are not cheap and if i am going to get a cheap product then I can not justify the cost or a commitment to a plan. I am so pissed! I was loving this phone, But the quality has to be there. Its not. The glass is a huge issue!

I refuse to be denied a replacement or my cash back. I am pretty sure there is a 14 day return policy from Wirefly. It isnt their fault, But they gotta make this right, One way or another. Im so bummed.

Please PM me your order number. This is not normal and yes, we want to make it right for you. Thanks!

Reactions: McLabia
Upvote 0
You think gorilla glass doesn't matter? That's why my dx og droid never got scratch with out a screen protector its all about the quality a scratch in two weeks without dropping it? Some people are just too blind to see the light 2 years is a long time

Sand - one of the active ingredients in glass and sandpaper - can damage anything.

I live in the desert, I've seen plenty of scratched DXs and Samsungs with Gorilla glass.

Nothing matters in technology or demonstration claims when Mother Nature has her way.

Reactions: UBRocked
Upvote 0

Been there, done that! Actually, ordered the Ultra Crystal through the SGP store at Amazon which included free shipping. They include two protectors in the package which is a good thing since I messed up the first time fiddling around with it too much. The second one I put on quickly and it came out perfect, can't tell it is there!

Upvote 0
Sand - one of the active ingredients in glass and sandpaper - can damage anything.

I live in the desert, I've seen plenty of scratched DXs and Samsungs with Gorilla glass.

Nothing matters in technology or demonstration claims when Mother Nature has her way.

*Waits for the post stating that Gorilla Glass is the be all end all*

Look guys, go Google Moh's Hardness Scale. See where glass is rated? (yeah that even means Gorilla Glass) All it takes is one teensy tiny quartz sand grain in your pocket or on your cloth to ruin ANY glass screen.

Upvote 0
I have my TB in a standard platinum series case with a zagg screen protector. Ive dropped it a few times and have not encountered a problem. You mean i have dropped my TB and had no damage result, meanwhile you leave your TB on a pillow cloud and still encountered scratches? lol

Im sure if i grab a microscope and looking into the inners of the glass, i may see some abrasions but this phone is far from cheap. imo

Reactions: ska.t73
Upvote 0
*Waits for the post stating that Gorilla Glass is the be all end all*

Look guys, go Google Moh's Hardness Scale. See where glass is rated? (yeah that even means Gorilla Glass) All it takes is one teensy tiny quartz sand grain in your pocket or on your cloth to ruin ANY glass screen.

Also don't forget about the issues that the iPhone 4 can have if the case (or pocket) it is in is too tight a fit. The glass on the back has been known to shatter.

Glass is glass and the best bet to prevent any scratches will always be to use a screen protector. There are many many options out there and you will be able to find one that has the right feel for you.

Upvote 0
Also don't forget about the issues that the iPhone 4 can have if the case (or pocket) it is in is too tight a fit. The glass on the back has been known to shatter.

Glass is glass and the best bet to prevent any scratches will always be to use a screen protector. There are many many options out there and you will be able to find one that has the right feel for you.

That's a characteristic of tempered glass, it is stronger when talking about it as a whole, but if one molecule (not quite that small of a level, I'm exaggerating a bit) gets bent out of shape, the entire sheet will shatter.

Reactions: ska.t73
Upvote 0
I dont know about durability but the feel of the glass on the TB feels more solid than the glass on the Droid X I had.

When I flick or tap the screen with my fingernail, the Droid X's screen would resonate a hallow almost plastic sound.

When I flick or tap the screen on the TB, it gives a "ting" sound like glass.

I'm sure the durability might be better on the Droid X but I'd personally give it up for the more solid feel on the TB.

Upvote 0
And it is cheap glass! There are swirl marks all over that glass. I will get a protector for it. Replacement glass is 60 bucks. I havent found a you tube vid yet that shows how to fix it. Just in case I get the phone back again, as a repair and not a replacement! lol I give up. Whatever happens, happens.

Upvote 0
And it is cheap glass! There are swirl marks all over that glass. I will get a protector for it. Replacement glass is 60 bucks. I havent found a you tube vid yet that shows how to fix it. Just in case I get the phone back again, as a repair and not a replacement! lol I give up. Whatever happens, happens.

Maybe you have one that has cheap glass. Mine is fine, no scraches. I don't use any screen protector and I don't use microfiber or any cloth to clean it. So far so good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones