1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM] ApeX V1.4.1 for Droid X & Droid 2 - Refinement and Ease of Use (2/22/2011)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fabolous, Feb 14, 2011.

1. RWil85

RWil85 Well-Known Member

Hey guys

Does wireless tether work on 1.4.1??

I had it working last week on 1.3.1 and now I can't..thoughts?

Advertisement

2. hallmarktex

hallmarktex Newbie

No, I didn't know I needed to do this. I've only accessed the toolbox for the first time with this update. I'm enough of a noob that I don't fully get blur vs. asop. Since I didn't have to before I didn't think I needed to do anything like this now.

Can you give me, or direct me to a little guidance on this?

3. taknactn

taknactn Member

SBF and reinstalled apex. yay!:D

4. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Android Enthusiast

Open Terminal emulator

su
    apextoolbox
    I believe it reboots when it is done. :)

5. hallmarktex

hallmarktex Newbie

Very good. I do appreciate that. The Yahoo email tool doesn't give you the option of deleting multiple emails at a time. A feature that comes in really handy.

Thank you again,
    Mark

6. MrJHarrod

MrJHarrod Lurker

Thank you for your quick reply, Fab. I am now Swyping again on your amazing ROM.

7. Rockaholic

Rockaholic Android Enthusiast

8. md88

md88 Member

9. RWil85

RWil85 Well-Known Member

I've gotten wireless tether to work on 1.4.1; however, while travelling in the car- the signal bounces around and goes in and out a lot..is that normal or is there a remedy for this?? Thanks!

10. danmcq

danmcq Newbie

I've found that the default Motorola 3G wifi tether is far superior to any 3rd party. Simply use the TBH patch if you don't feel like paying Verizon twice for service you already receive.

11. RWil85

RWil85 Well-Known Member

I wish I knew what you meant by TBH patch, haha.

12. Stevessvt

Stevessvt Android Enthusiast

Did I miss something? Was there a 1.4.1 release?

13. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Android Expert

Yes the name of the thread says it all

14. idle0095

idle0095 Newbie

can some one tell me were the icons are kept on the droid x? i want to use root explorer and copy some icons to my sdcard so i can use them as custom icons for sms unread widget and gmail unread widget. Thanks

15. Stevessvt

1.4.0? I have that,..was there a 1.4.1 release?

16. althepal1984

althepal1984 Member

No just 1.4 ... for now anyways

17. Stevessvt

OK, thats what I thought, but a few times it was referred to as 1.4.1 in the thread...

18. idle0095

idle0095 Newbie

nvm figured it out

19. althepal1984

althepal1984 Member

I reckon good ol' fab just gets us all excited and we push extra number buttons

20. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Android Expert

Lol that's why I said the thread says it all :D

21. Stevessvt

People...need.....to.....stop....toying....with....my......emotions!

LOL.

22. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

Is anyone else seeing this error on reboot?

Sorry! Process system is not responding. "Force close or Wait"

I installed Apex 1.4 and got everything set up and then installed BWC Theme and got this error on reboot. I have gotten this same error on other reboots since then. Since I did not really reboot after installing Apex 1.4, but did after installing BWC theme, so I don't know which one is causing the issue. So, thought I would post in here and see if anyone else is seeing this?

I LOVE THIS THEME. Battery life is insanely great. Been off charger now 6 hours and I am at 90%...can you say WOW! I would already be at 70% of lower on Liberty 1.5.

Thanks for the great work man!

23. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser

Have you tried updatedb and then using the new toolbox to redo the startup script?

24. BOOGIE_BOTZ

BOOGIE_BOTZ Member

Can someone help me here? I flashed from Liberty 1.5 to ApeX 1.4 because I miss the Blur messaging and email apps. However, I noticed that when I flashed I don't see my Blur messaging and email and other stuff. I also noticed that on boot image, it still shows Liberty's before it shows ApeX. Can someone help me? I cleared cache and data and everything before flash, yet it still shows up :(

25. fuzio1963

fuzio1963 Well-Known Member

At first, just wanted to say; fall inluv with this rom!! The BEST Rom there is so far. :) But, i made some changes using toolbox (battery icon only), and then - still all was OK, until i played Angry Birds. When you get to the point a little movie is played, the game shuts down itself! :thinking: I tried reload the game, same.
    Anyone else? Or it is just ME, as usually.............:thinking:

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews