• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Script] RC 2.1 10/26 V6 SuperCharger! HTK & BulletProof Launchers! The ONLY Android MEMORY FIXER!

frenchy714

Android Expert
Nov 11, 2010
East Tawas, MI
(First and foremost I take no credit for this script)

Read this thread for the first time over at XDA yesterday (linked by another AF member who is using this script), and is very interesting. This is what it does:

What's it do?

It makes your phone FAST... super snappy with better multitasking!
It rearranges and fixes the OOM Groupings and Priorites and lowmemorykiller values.

So basically, it's a COMPLETE MEMORY MANAGEMENT FIX!
It's the ONLY one of it's kind

NO LAUNCHER REDRAWS, faster than ever, multitasking is better... why?
Because it works with the lowmemorykiller and letting it work the way it's meant to work.

Also, because of the rearrangement, it works the same on all roms!
The problem with using minfree tweakers like AMM or AKMO is that it doesn't work the same on all roms.
Secondary apps may be in slot 3 on some roms but in slot 5 in others!
That's why you hear people comment "I tried AKMO but it didn't do anything..."
Most likely it didn't do anything because the apps weren't sitting where they were expected to be.

So fasten your seat belts and enjoy the ride!

If you'd like to read the entire thread, go here.

I'm giving this a try today so I'll report my results and experiences back here, everyone else, please do the same.

Also, before trying, read then reread the instructions.

Don't forget, the best compliment is a donation, so if you like this Dev's work, please donate.

Okay, when I first ran the script, I went with a setting that worked best on anothers Evo....Well, we all know that everyone's phone is different, and what may work well for some may not for others (not saying it wasn't working before but I didn't feel like I was experiencing the stellar results some were reporting at XDA). So I started messing around with the settings, and so far, found what's best for mine. MY PHONE IS BLAZING FAST!!! Battery so far is exactly the same as before, so we're good there. I'll report back tomorrow and let you know how it's going. So far so good...

Upvote 0
yea that wont be a problem i dont run a task killer anyway. i have the syn/king running now and the battery is absolutely terrible. i love the rom but the battery is killing me. ill reload koni's elite 3 and run the script. did you do the battery calibration first?

I run the battery collaboration apk every time I change ROM's and I'm running Synergy ROM RC2 right now.

Upvote 0
Frenchy,

What settings did you find are working on your phone? I've gone back to Mega Memory (number 8) and it still seems stable. The first time I used Mega I can't remember the glitch I got, but I haven't seen any issues after using it most of the day.

It seems that users in the Evo General on XDA that have 512K phones are reporting that Mega (#8 option) is the real deal so I'm going to leave it that way for a while.

Also, there is a 3G turbocharger that changes some of the settings in build.prop as well. Some users have claimed it sped up 3G services quite a bit. I saw so improvement at home but my 3G performance at home stinks.

Note that he will be adding the 3G performance updates and a kick ass kernel script (didn't research that one) to his "V8 supercharger" that is the next major update.

Please note that these scripts modify the build.prop file. Before installing them, I'd highly recommend backup up your build.prop before running in case you have an issue. The program is supposed to do this, but better to be safe, always. A current nandroid wouldn't hurt, either...

Reactions: frenchy714
Upvote 0
I was a little skeptical about this when I first read it. However, I ran the script this morning with #3 setting. I can definitely report an immediate, dramatic improvement to the overall responsiveness of the phone. Most anything to do with the ROM basics are quicker and respond faster.

I normally subscribe to the "can't get something for nothing" mentality, so I'm looking to find out what takes a hit. I'm keeping an eye on battery life and temperature to see if there are any differences there.

So far so good.

Upvote 0
Frenchy,

What settings did you find are working on your phone? I've gone back to Mega Memory (number 8) and it still seems stable. The first time I used Mega I can't remember the glitch I got, but I haven't seen any issues after using it most of the day.

It seems that users in the Evo General on XDA that have 512K phones are reporting that Mega (#8 option) is the real deal so I'm going to leave it that way for a while.

Also, there is a 3G turbocharger that changes some of the settings in build.prop as well. Some users have claimed it sped up 3G services quite a bit. I saw so improvement at home but my 3G performance at home stinks.

Note that he will be adding the 3G performance updates and a kick ass kernel script (didn't research that one) to his "V8 supercharger" that is the next major update.

Please note that these scripts modify the build.prop file. Before installing them, I'd highly recommend backup up your build.prop before running in case you have an issue. The program is supposed to do this, but better to be safe, always. A current nandroid wouldn't hurt, either...

I'm currently on balanced 1 setting, it's working well. I haven't checked out the 3g supercharger as of yet.

Upvote 0
Yup, setting #8 (Mega Memory) is the ticket! There is a drastic improvement in multitasking and like mentioned before, my phone is STUPID FAST! I honestly feel like I'm running a custom kernel oc'd to 1.2! I wonder how it'll feel to run this script while running a custom kernel, oc'd to 1.2?!??! Can't wait till HTC releases their damn kernel source code!

I recommend everyone give this a try! :D

Upvote 0
No issues again today with setting number 8. Battery life is still awesome on MikG 2.41. Perhaps my glitch wasn't connected to the supercharger script and was something else...

I would like to add that anyone that has not tried a sense 2.1/3.0 ROM -- as in synergy or mikg, I would highly recommend you give it a whirl. Install this script and honestly, you are going to not have phone envy for any of the new devices -- especially since you can always change ROMs. I like all the new gadgets coming out, but my phone is so responsive and stable at the moment, I don't want to change...

Upvote 0
No issues again today with setting number 8. Battery life is still awesome on MikG 2.41. Perhaps my glitch wasn't connected to the supercharger script and was something else...

I would like to add that anyone that has not tried a sense 2.1/3.0 ROM -- as in synergy or mikg, I would highly recommend you give it a whirl. Install this script and honestly, you are going to not have phone envy for any of the new devices -- especially since you can always change ROMs. I like all the new gadgets coming out, but my phone is so responsive and stable at the moment, I don't want to change...

+1

Upvote 0
I noticed reading the OP at XDA that BusyBox 1.18.2 or earlier is required/recommended. I have BB 1.18.4.

I am familiar with the BusyBox installer app allowing me to downgrade my version but was wondering of there are any repercussions with other apps that use BB in doing so?

Thanks!

Most all apps, etc. can run off older versions of Busy Box, so you're good there; and when you think about it, 1.18.2 isn't *that* old. ;)

Upvote 0
I ran the script and chose setting #8 as I saw suggested in some other posts here. I do notice a difference in multitasking speed but think I'm also having little bit of a faster battery drain (i.e. worse battery life). Anybody else experiencing the same? I don't think I've changed anything other than running the script and using my phone as usual.

Btw, no custom rom here...just stock rooted 2.3.3...

Thanks!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones