• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stupid Metro blocking tethering on esteem again

What about using tethering on Xbox 360. was able to do it but since Friday its been saying connection problem. Any ideas how to fix it?
Just a speculation but i havnt been able to tether to my ipod touch anymore well atleast browse on safari anymore but cant say if its beacause of the slow speeds lately or if metro is adding more stuff to their filter black list...... and if so im sorry to say i dont think we can bypass on other mobile devices unless their user agent code is somehow also modified. as far as xbox 360 or ps3 or any other gaming console sorry ya on ya own on that.

Upvote 0
VPN: Virtual private network is a way to encrypt all your internet traffic between you and us and pass it out
through us. Those on your local network, whether a public wifi or other unsecure location, will be unable to see what you do or the data you pass.
(Ty google Lol)
It comes installed in android. Its in Wirelesses & Networks>VPN Settings.

Upvote 0
YouTube works yeah but listen. I've been using pdanet for a few weeks now and
it literally took the block off. I don't know what it uses but I have access to all websites and my Steam works flawlessly now. Try it out the trial lasts about a month I think.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Upvote 0
well if u want to be using your phone's mobile connection but dont want your net to be running on mobile mode then try deathrow's method and try pdanet i can get full site version of any site with my tethering method even facebook u just gotta find that option on sites.

Upvote 0
I'm telling you pdanet lifts the block. Try it

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Your right about PDAnet. I'm using it paid for the pro and have had no problems but my friend who has the Esteem and paid for the PDAnet gets that annoying Metro notification and has even got a text message warning him if he didn't cease using his phone to connect to the internet they would cancel his 4G plan

WTF??? Any ideas? He is running Broken Out and I'm running #2 but I doubt that has anything to do with it. Also we changed the string as mentioned earlier and that didn't really help much. He doesn't want to spend any more money so right now DroidVPN isnt an option but it shouldn't be if PDAnet works on all phones the same.

Upvote 0
Your right about PDAnet. I'm using it paid for the pro and have had no problems but my friend who has the Esteem and paid for the PDAnet gets that annoying Metro notification and has even got a text message warning him if he didn't cease using his phone to connect to the internet they would cancel his 4G plan

WTF??? Any ideas? He is running Broken Out and I'm running #2 but I doubt that has anything to do with it. Also we changed the string as mentioned earlier and that didn't really help much. He doesn't want to spend any more money so right now DroidVPN isnt an option but it shouldn't be if PDAnet works on all phones the same.

Not doubting you but I would like to see a screen shot of that I've been the biggest tetherer on here I even went past my monthly allowance on my old plan 4 times and was throttled. I checked that pdanet thing but I don't like I have to USB cable wish there was a wireless way

Upvote 0
Not doubting you but I would like to see a screen shot of that I've been the biggest tetherer on here I even went past my monthly allowance on my old plan 4 times and was throttled. I checked that pdanet thing but I don't like I have to USB cable wish there was a wireless way

Well in fact my buddy broke down and tried DroidVPN... It works he hasn't stopped surfing since. I'm like you with downloading more than my plan calls for... I have the 2.5Gb 4G plan and I'm on the internet all the time and I hook my PS3 up to it too from my laptop. So I will swear by PDAnet and fortunately I don't need the DroidVPN

Upvote 0
Ok I was able to get popular sites like youtube and facebook working with my wireless tether via user agent string. But what about sites that don't have desktop version options or sites that are less popular that happen to be incompatible with mobile browsers? Anybody have any ideas? I just want to surf the web freely without restrictions! I hate restrictions!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones