1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[2.2 Theme] DarkStyle v1.6 | For xRecovery | Update - 07/02/11

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by X10iUser, Jan 8, 2011.

1. shungo

shungo Newbie

ya i know im talking about the custom rom not the theme.

think im asking in the wrong section lol but if someone knows please help me.

Advertisement

2. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast

what kind of quadrant are you getting with this theme?
    i love the look but it seems to be getting low scores compared without the theme

edit: been told that if installing the theme to install the hotfix afterwards to achieve a better score.

3. pyromatic18

pyromatic18 Member

Will this theme be updated to the new Beta2 of FreeX10?

4. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast

yes, he said he will start on it when he has some time

5. CuBz

CuBz Android Expert

According to his post on XDA, he will be starting work on the update today

6. X10iUser

X10iUser Android Expert

Work has begun. :) Might be later tonight when it gets updated. I'm starting from scratch as it gives me a chance to improve my skills a bit more, and trying to improve the battery charge images so there is more of a flow instead of just 5 images which doesn't give a good look, along with one or two other things but I've bricked the phone once so having to start again.

7. CuBz

CuBz Android Expert

Looking forward to it :)

Will you be using the same home app as eminence? If so can you keep the option to change the settings for it and the option to upgrade as this isn't on the original theme (as far as i've been told anyway)

8. X10iUser

X10iUser Android Expert

This is just a theme, not a rom, so which ever home app you use will be unaffected.
    To use another launcher with Eminence, install a new one, then uninstall LauncherPro. People have issues with it because they try installing a cracked LauncherPro Plus over the top.

9. CuBz

CuBz Android Expert

No I was told launcherpro was on DarkStyle, but I must have been misinformed lol

I was going to pay for a launcher pro key but then thought that there is no point as I will be installing FreeX10 with DarkStyle soon

10. X10iUser

X10iUser Android Expert

You must have been as this as always been a theme so it's just modded system apps that are included.

11. CuBz

CuBz Android Expert

I thought as much lol

Anyway, looks great, can't wait until 2.2 is finished as I will be using this theme, and I assume the v1.5 (or is it v2 seeing as you said you're starting from scratch) update you have started, will be even better

12. clarance lun

clarance lun Newbie

x10user.. do the multi touch work with beta2..? how...?

13. X10iUser

X10iUser Android Expert

Not sure of the name yet, will probably just go with 1.5.
    See one of the two threads on here for how, not tried it yet on beta2 yet myself.

14. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast

it works on all roms.
    you have to flash the dual update onto your phone as its a kernal addition so there is no other way unless you just wait for SE to release it to the rest of the world which i assume wont be long

15. CuBz

CuBz Android Expert

Ye, save v2 for the release of the full, none BETA of FreeX10 :)

I posted a suggestion to Phases (Admin of AF) and he is going to allow unlimited Edit's of forum titles, so easy for you to update title without report to mod :)

16. baz@gmx.co.uk

baz@gmx.co.uk Well-Known Member

look forward to it x10iuser, with 2.2 it will be awsome!

17. highaltitude

highaltitude Well-Known Member

wrong thread..oops

18. X10iUser

X10iUser Android Expert

v1.5 is up. :)

19. madmurdoch

madmurdoch Member

Where is your contacts.apk from? Is it stock?

I'm on 2.1 and my contacts has the tabs along the bottom and doesn't give option of the quick call button to the right which I believe rings the default number.

20. X10iUser

X10iUser Android Expert

This is for 2.2.

21. baz@gmx.co.uk

This looks amazing, I am thinking of giving it a try but am not sure about the icons link, there are 2 files, do i need both? and the xda thread suggests using a market app called 'better cut' to install them, is that the best way to install them with your theme?
    Thanks in advance, as always - love your work. :D

EDIT: is your modded launcher only for 2.2?

22. X10iUser

X10iUser Android Expert

Thanks, but I haven't posted any links to icons for this. :thinking:
    So some say, don't use them, and have never sought to change the default icons with an app.
    Thanks. :)
    No.

23. baz@gmx.co.uk

maybe i'm confused!!! in the OP under 'other info' it says "The icons on my dockbar can be found HERE"

But it is minor, the theme look awesome as is, so don't worry about icons!!

24. MrWomble

MrWomble Android Expert

true, but saves a lot of time as most people will start asking where to get them from as they would assume it is part of the theme

25. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast

installed. thanks :D

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10