• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ACS] One Click Unroot / Return to stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok all you android geeks here's a problem, Need a Fix.
Rooted a samsung galaxy prevail (boost) about a week ago. things were working ok.
went to get a contact and got a buzz and an error message.
could not get into contacts.
did a factory reset (what ever that did) still same problem (only now All contacts are gone.)
have tried to reboot by pushing all 3 buttons. and tried all the options.
when i press power,up button and camera. I get to a downloading screen but nothing happens unless i open Odim on the computer than I can see a comm but no choices of files it's asking for. (hope that makes since)

all i really wanted to do was get rid of all that crap bloatware and get it to use the sdcard for storing most everything.

Hope someone has an answer

thanks

Upvote 0
the link is live again.. use at your own risk. its best to factory wipe before and after

I have done the unroot and for some reason superuser is still on my phone !! I don't know why I factory reset before and After running odin....did I miss something ? I need to send this back for service and superuser will show them that I had my phone rooted....can't have that !! Help

So sorry I think that I had downloaded the wrong file ...now I used ED-13 and Superuser is gone. Thank You so much now it's ready to go back to Samsung. You guys rock !!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones