• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid X - Running, running, as fast as it can (12/16/10)

the script for the microbes lwp should be "microbes" not "microbe" for anyone having trouble

Great catch! Sorry, I can't promise I was completely sober while typing that up last night ;)

It's fixed now though, thanks!

Fab,

is there a way to manually input vsel in the overclock script you provided? I took a look through it and I could only find being able to set it low, med, high etc. I'd like to be able to tweak the numbers individually as easy as possible.

I'm currently OC'd through Milestone @ 1300MHz, 61vsel. As far as I can tell, I can only set the max vsel, and not the min vsel (when on demand is set to a lower hertz) through that program, and I'd love to remove Milestone and use this script instead. Less apps on the phone; the better :p

Is there a way to adjust the vsel manually per level of On Demand through your script?

Not currently. You can actually go into xbin/overclock.sh and manually change the maximum voltages at each level (ulv, lv, sv, hv), and also the formula for calculating the subsequent slots' voltages (this is what I attempted to do, but it's very difficult to make ones that work on every device ;))

Kev, what settings do you suggest in the new overclock script for battery life? Not too experienced with overclocking...

k0smo, I'd start off with LV at like 1.1 and work your way from there. If you're lucky, your phone might be able to handle higher frequencies at lower voltages.

Upvote 0
Kev, what settings do you suggest in the new overclock script for battery life? Not too experienced with overclocking...

I agree with Fab start with the lv and see if that works. Each phone handles overclocking different. I am stilling using settings someone posted after overclocking first came out and they have worked great for me. However there are other people whose X can not handle these. It is a trail and error on every phone. But here is what I am using:

echo 70 > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
echo 1380000 > /proc/overclock/max_rate
echo 1 400000000 27 > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo 2 700000000 38 > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo 3 900000000 50 > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo 4 1380000000 70 > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo 0 1380000 > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo 1 900000 > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo 2 700000 > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo 3 400000 > /proc/overclock/freq_table

Upvote 0
Eh too complicated, don't wanna mess anything up :p

It's actually not, not really. He just posted up his custom setscaling.sh file.

If you run the following in terminal:

su
overclock

it runs the script, which is almost like an app that runs in terminal emulator, and it walks you through the process step by step.

Upvote 0
It's actually not, not really. He just posted up his custom setscaling.sh file.

If you run the following in terminal:

su
overclock

it runs the script, which is almost like an app that runs in terminal emulator, and it walks you through the process step by step.

Cool I thought it was more in depth, that was easy enough, I chose the ULV setting. Is that all I need to do to ensure those frequencies are running?

Upvote 0
I installed without wiping data/cache, and everything is just fine.

Which kernel were you running? If I have the latest kernel from TBH loaded and put 1.3.1 on there will it revert back or ? Thanks for any insight on this. :)

EDIT:

Did the backup, flashed the 1.3.1 (after modifying it for my name and circle battery) and no problems at all, didn't wipe cache/data.

Thanks Fab, appreciate all the hard work you continue to put in for the best ROM I've seen.

Upvote 0
So a user at Droidforums found a much better GB keyboard, actually out of kejar's GummyJar ROM. I've added it to the goodies section in the 2nd post. It's full sized, just like the stock MT keyboard. This will be in the next version of Apex by default, but for now, you'll need to flash an extra file:

Fabolous said:
Goodies - Install these the same way you did the ROM, but don't wipe.

Much improved Gingerbread keyboard (with bigger keys) - credit to kejar81:

GoodGB_KB.zip

Upvote 0
So a user at Droidforums found a much better GB keyboard, actually out of kejar's GummyJar ROM. I've added it to the goodies section in the 2nd post. It's full sized, just like the stock MT keyboard. This will be in the next version of Apex by default, but for now, you'll need to flash an extra file:

yay! now I can go back to using that sexy looking KB... I couldnt handle the smaller keys lol
Thanks Fab!

Upvote 0

I LOVE IT!!!! Great find, thanks!

OK, next version already, the current one has been out less than 12 hours. When do you sleep???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones