• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid X - Running, running, as fast as it can (12/16/10)

I am trying to install this rom just as the directions say on top of a fresh 2.2.1... I wiped it and did a factory rest and when I install from zip it seems to be just stuck on installing update. It has been like this for about 20 minutes. Does it actually take this long to load the ROM or is something wrong?

I have now tried 4 times and every time it gets stuck on installing update and nothing moves at all

Upvote 0
Can someone post a shot of this new keyboard? I forget what it looks like.

Doug

Here ya go!

kb.jpg

kb2.jpg

Reactions: dellbx
Upvote 0
just installed overtop.

Thanks!

Installing it now.

EDIT: I assume the script to switch to stock text messaging is still ok? I hate the blur one, ugh.

Anyone uninstalled the bloat with 1.3.1? Im talking about Social Networking, DLNA, Backup Assistant, Madden etc.

Fab - Is the updated GB included with 1.3.1? Or just update.zip for that?

Thanks as always Fab or whomever responds here.

Upvote 0
Hi, need a little help. I rooted for the first time and installed this rom. It's really nice thanks for providing this. All the how to instructions on this site make everything really easy for newbs like me.

Anyway, here is my problem. In certain apps if I click on numbers it opens the phone dialer and puts those numbers in the dialer bar. For example in the stock market app I am using if I click on the current price of a stock it opens the dialer and puts that price in the dialer.

Thanks for any help resolving this.
1w1

Upvote 0
I didn't have time to flash the SBF today, but I will tomorrow for sure and make sure my phone works correctly. Also, I think someone should theme the standard moto blur text message app to match the Gingerbread theme. Think about it! Green speech bubbles that look absolutely perfect! :D

Sorry to hear about your mic troubles. If your 1.3.0 backup works fine, I'd stick to that until you can try a clean install of 1.3.1. I didn't change anything dialer related from 1.3.0, so I don't really know what could be causing the problem!

Thanks!

Installing it now.

EDIT: I assume the script to switch to stock text messaging is still ok? I hate the blur one, ugh.

Anyone uninstalled the bloat with 1.3.1? Im talking about Social Networking, DLNA, Backup Assistant, Madden etc.

Fab - Is the updated GB included with 1.3.1? Or just update.zip for that?

Thanks as always Fab or whomever responds here.

Yes, all the scripts are still there, and you shouldn't have any issues removing those apps.

Reactions: Trooper
Upvote 0
Hi, need a little help. I rooted for the first time and installed this rom. It's really nice thanks for providing this. All the how to instructions on this site make everything really easy for newbs like me.

Anyway, here is my problem. In certain apps if I click on numbers it opens the phone dialer and puts those numbers in the dialer bar. For example in the stock market app I am using if I click on the current price of a stock it opens the dialer and puts that price in the dialer.

Thanks for any help resolving this.
1w1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that a function of Google Voice? Do you GV installed?

Upvote 0
I didn't have time to flash the SBF today, but I will tomorrow for sure and make sure my phone works correctly. Also, I think someone should theme the standard moto blur text message app to match the Gingerbread theme. Think about it! Green speech bubbles that look absolutely perfect! :D

Now that would be great. I don't know the first thing about theming yet or I would give it a shot.

Reactions: Shamrock13
Upvote 0
Fab,

I use AutoKiller (set to Agressive) normally). I've noticed since installing the new version, even though I have it set to Agressive, when the phone is rebooted it just back to system default setting.

Is there anything in the new version that could be causing this? Or is it time for a factory reset.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Fab,

I use AutoKiller (set to Agressive) normally). I've noticed since installing the new version, even though I have it set to Agressive, when the phone is rebooted it just back to system default setting.

Is there anything in the new version that could be causing this? Or is it time for a factory reset.

Thanks.

I just tested this twice and it is working as it should for me. I also use aggressive.

Reactions: Trooper
Upvote 0
I just tested this twice and it is working as it should for me. I also use aggressive.

Not working here. I just uninstalled the app, then shut down. Installed it again, then shut down. Fired up the phone again and it still does not stick.

I have 25, 30,40 showing up vs. the 82,90,98 Im used to seeing.

The ROM sets to 'Optimum' by default, it runs the script before everything totally loads up, so Autokiller should be able to switch it to whatever you set it to afterwards.

Thanks for the feedback. Guess something is twonked somewhere. Looks like I will have to factory reset and reinstall everything manually again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones