• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Root] One Click Root for Samsung Admire (SCH-R720) :: Windows/Mac/Linux :: 9/12/2011

I had the same problem(as lot of people are)
The new superuser would not remember permissions until it was updated, yet it would not update.

So I solved it by:
dragging the older version superuser.apk out of the "One Click Root for SCH-R720" folder,
(from page 1) onto my SD card and installed it.
now all is back to normal

If you saved or find a previous version of superuser.apk it should work.

so if i wanted to do this how would i do it? i click on the f drive and it says insert disk.....how do i access my sd card?

Upvote 0
ok so now im really lost ...i downloaded root check ran it and this is what i got HELP please...

Root Access is not properly configured or was not granted.

Superuser.apk - com.noshufou.android.su - version 3.0.5 is installed!

System Environment PATH: /sbin /vendor/bin /system/sbin /system/bin /system/xbin

The adb binary is set to default shell user access as a standard non-root user

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/bin/su:
-rwsr-sr-x root root 22240 2011-10-22 20:58 su

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/xbin/su:
-rwsr-xr-x root root 26264 2010-09-20 15:20 su

Alternate su binary location:
/sbin/su: Permission denied

Alternate su type binary location:
/system/xbin/sudo: No such file or directory

SU binary not found or not operating properly

Results provided on your SCH-R720 device by Root Checker version 3.8 from joeykrim in the Android Market - http://goo.gl/GgWae

Upvote 0
ok so now im really lost ...i downloaded root check ran it and this is what i got HELP please...

Root Access is not properly configured or was not granted.

Superuser.apk - com.noshufou.android.su - version 3.0.5 is installed!

System Environment PATH: /sbin /vendor/bin /system/sbin /system/bin /system/xbin

The adb binary is set to default shell user access as a standard non-root user

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/bin/su:
-rwsr-sr-x root root 22240 2011-10-22 20:58 su

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/xbin/su:
-rwsr-xr-x root root 26264 2010-09-20 15:20 su

Alternate su binary location:
/sbin/su: Permission denied

Alternate su type binary location:
/system/xbin/sudo: No such file or directory

SU binary not found or not operating properly

Results provided on your SCH-R720 device by Root Checker version 3.8 from joeykrim in the Android Market - http://goo.gl/GgWae

PS yes i did the binary update....

Upvote 0
can you download the run.bat on to ur sd card & than run it from your fone? my computer isnt letting me download the samsung usb driver :thinking: HELPPPPP.
No.

Folks, if you're having trouble, disable your AV, redownload the drivers and the package, READ the instructions fully, and try again. Further problems, try a different MicroUSB cable - the Samsung stock cable is known to suck!

Windows users: all of the above continues to fail for you, replace run.bat with this, and run again: http://goo.gl/oAlVr

Upvote 0
No.

Folks, if you're having trouble, disable your AV, redownload the drivers and the package, READ the instructions fully, and try again. Further problems, try a different MicroUSB cable - the Samsung stock cable is known to suck!

Windows users: all of the above continues to fail for you, replace run.bat with this, and run again: http://goo.gl/oAlVr

you say to disable the av what do you mean please ?:thinking:

Upvote 0
Im still having the same problems replacing the run.bat!! PLEASE HELP!! Its like the biggest tease gaining root access then losing it shortly after when i updated the su binary.. i really hope one of u tech masters can help me restore my proper root access back! Thanks again!

I initially had these problems saying this in a previous (my 1st) thread:
OK so this my first thread and I REALLY needle some help here..
I rooted my Samsung admire using a zip folder from a thread on this site and it did successfully root my phone but shortly after rooting I had a notification asking to update such binary, once I did that I lost root access HELP PLEASE!!

Upvote 0
bro don't worry about it, i traded my rooted optimus m to metro and traded it for my admire. Those idiots at metro piece of shit wont notice the difference from a rooted or unrooted phone. Especially since my guy who i talked to was columbian who speaks spanish.

Your statements are...well...to be nice, stupid. It's funny you bash the service, yet you use it...and assume the guy (cause he speaks Spanish) or that metropcs employees wont figure it out. (You sound a little racist and ignorant)

Either way

Upvote 0
can someone please tell me how to install the new su binary update 3.0.3? I rooted mu admire a few days ago and lost it after updating the binary thru the superuser app and lost root! I've done quite a bit of research on fixing this pain in the a SS problem and still nothing..
I know now its issues with updating the binary but I DONT KNOW HOW TO INSTALL THE UPDATE TO REGAIN ROOT ACCESS!! HELP!! sorry for the caps but this is starting to get to me.. any and all help would be highly appreciated
thanks again

Reactions: Dhabliwala
Upvote 0
Can u please please please help those of us who have lost root due to updating the su binaries...I was so thrilled when I got rooted so easily..for 20 whole minutes until that stupid binary update. I know others have had this problem also, I tried replacing the original run.bat with new link and still no success. It actually won't run correctly to begin with. I love this phone and it's my 3rd one in a month, I managed to pretty much brick 2 Huawei M835, so i switched to the Admire. Could you incredibly brilliant developers help those of us with this problem out? Prettty please? Thanks in advance.
Kattsass

Reactions: Dhabliwala
Upvote 0
disabled AV reinstalled drivers still no avail

error: unknown host service
"[*] Triggering core dump..."
[1] Segmentation fault app_process /dev...
"[*] Rebooting phone. It may buzz a lot and loop on boot. Don't panic."
remount succeeded
117 KB/s (26264 bytes in 0.219s)
link failed File exists
"[*] Installing Superuser.apk. If this hangs, just cancel it with Ctrl+C after a
few seconds,"
"[*] and you'll be finished rooting your phone. Reboot and enjoy."
1270 KB/s (196521 bytes in 0.151s)
Error: Could not access the Package Manager. Is the system running?
"[*] Persistence complete, enjoy your rooted phone!"
Press any key to exit the script.
Press any key to continue . . .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones