• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Root][R910/R915] One Click Root for Samsung Galaxy Indulge :: OUTDATED USE AIO OUTDATED :: 4/10/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
you dont enable root access. what you do is go into menu<settings<applications<Development and click on usb debbuger mode.... for good mesure you can also click on allow mock locations just in case as some people have reported that it doesnt work without doing that. In my case it worked without clicking that option. Then dowload the program on page 2 of this discussion thread and follow the instructions. the additional root programs that i mentioned are in the market place.

Upvote 0
hello there, nice job on the root script. From what I've been reading it seems pretty promising. However, I can't get the drivers to install. I'm running Windows 7 x64. I went to the download page and every time I try it says the install failed. What do I do about this? Also can you give me a 95% guarantee my phone won't brick if I follow the instructions perfectly? If the unroot is in the same script, could I do that and restore the bloatware, or should I just download my backup from AVG?

edit: ok I've got the drivers installed, correctly according to Windows, but I can't turn on debugging mode. The screen with the Android flashes by too quickly for me to do so.

edit #2: the drivers are installed and working. mass storage mode is working. i can't turn on debug mode from the settings >> applications >> development menu because it is greyed out. why is it greyed out?

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure this is what was happening to me at first. make sure you have 12 files in the zip folder when you move to another folder and click the run.bat. Initially my Anti-Virus caught one of the files so I kept having an issue. Turn off you AV and download the zip again. MAKE SURE THERE ARE 12 FILES NOT 11. Let me know if this helps.

Reactions: karadotcollett
Upvote 0
Also can you give me a 95% guarantee my phone won't brick if I follow the instructions perfectly?

edit #2: the drivers are installed and working. mass storage mode is working. i can't turn on debug mode from the settings >> applications >> development menu because it is greyed out. why is it greyed out?
I can give you a 100% guarantee, and it's greyed out because you can't change the settings while the cable is plugged in.

Upvote 0
I can give you a 100% guarantee, and it's greyed out because you can't change the settings while the cable is plugged in.
Thank you. Now if someone texts me or calls me while rooting will that be a problem or will it just not go through to my phone?

edit: love the album in your avvie

edit 2: nvm i figured it out. thanks for your help. im interested in doing the cyanogen mod... do you think i should?

Upvote 0
WTF? That does not work with our phone. Please search the forum. There is a wealth of knowledge here. Use it to your advantage, not your disadvantage.
Here let me rephrase that. I am aware that it does not exist yet, I was just wondering, if it was ported to our phone if I should do it? I've heard its the most stable mod. Sorry I get really offended when people talk to me like I don't know what I'm saying.

Upvote 0
Here let me rephrase that. I am aware that it does not exist yet, I was just wondering, if it was ported to our phone if I should do it? I've heard its the most stable mod. Sorry I get really offended when people talk to me like I don't know what I'm saying.

I havent seen them or heard of them even trying to port it over to our phone. Wait for the custom ROM from ACS. Try that when it comes out. After they come out with theirs, others may jump on and develop more.

Upvote 0
No. There is a tethering app that SPECIFICALLY supports the Indulge.

Check post 176 of this thread for the latest version
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-indulge/283324-success-wifi-tethering-4.html
I'm going to try this as well, thanks.

I havent seen them or heard of them even trying to port it over to our phone. Wait for the custom ROM from ACS. Try that when it comes out. After they come out with theirs, others may jump on and develop more.
Sounds good. I just assumed that CM would attempt to get it on as many phones as possible.

Upvote 0
I just assumed that CM would attempt to get it on as many phones as possible.
I am willing to bet you 20$ that we will not see it on this phone in the next year for three reasons -

Our phone has an incredibly niche market. The userbase is nothing compared to any number of android phones. Heck we will see Cyanogenmod for Windows Mobile phones before we see it on ours (not kidding).

In order to develop for the phone there are certain files and code we need from Samsung. Right now they dont exist. Some of the items from other Galaxy phones could probably work.

A Cyanogenmod developer has to actually be interested in the phone and secondly have one in his possession. Its not really feasible to develop for a phone you don't have especially since it involves a lot of testing and trial/error

In other words DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH. If you want Cyanogenmod there are numerous devices to choose from and some arent that expensive.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones