• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid X - Running, running, as fast as it can (12/16/10)

Everything is working fine for except when I bring some menus in some apps the letters are white on a white background and it looks like this....

snap20101226_093425.png

Anybody know how to fix this?

Upvote 0
After I installed the apex rom with nexolution theme I now get double text messages. how can I fix this? I tried using the search maybe I'm not using the correct keywords? Thanks.

You may suffer from the same thing I did. Check your system/apps and make sure there arent two Messaging.apk's

I was getting 2 actual messages, not just double notifications

Upvote 0
After I installed the apex rom with nexolution theme I now get double text messages. how can I fix this? I tried using the search maybe I'm not using the correct keywords? Thanks.

Open Terminal Emulator

Type in: su

Type in: messaging

It will output -aosp and -mot

Type in messaging -aosp for the open source alternative or

messaging -mot for stock

Should fix you right up.

Reactions: staypuft
Upvote 0
I backed down to 1.3.0 because I had weird issues with 1.3.1.
I'm coming from .320 leak
1.3.0 = functional
1.3.1 1st flash = slowed performance issues
1.3.1 2nd flash (wipe / reset) = random freeze-ups
1.3.1 3rd flash (wipe/reset) = random freeze-ups
I'm not overclocking or modifying the voltage so I dunno what's up. But my 1.3.0 experience has been much better. Overall I'm still very happy with the ROM.

Upvote 0
I backed down to 1.3.0 because I had weird issues with 1.3.1.
I'm coming from .320 leak
1.3.0 = functional
1.3.1 1st flash = slowed performance issues
1.3.1 2nd flash (wipe / reset) = random freeze-ups
1.3.1 3rd flash (wipe/reset) = random freeze-ups
I'm not overclocking or modifying the voltage so I dunno what's up. But my 1.3.0 experience has been much better. Overall I'm still very happy with the ROM.

I did the same yesterday and like you I could not be happier with Fab's work. Nothing beats ApeX as far as I am concerned.

Upvote 0
not sure if this has been discussed already, something I noticed with this ROM is that I lose 3G a lot, not sure if is my area or just my phone or a theme thing, I've tried with other ROMs or the stuck 2.2.1 and I don't have this problem , Other than that this ROM is the best there is :D. any ideas?
I had that issue with the stock ROM. I haven't seen it with this one yet.

Upvote 0
not sure if this has been discussed already, something I noticed with this ROM is that I lose 3G a lot, not sure if is my area or just my phone or a theme thing, I've tried with other ROMs or the stuck 2.2.1 and I don't have this problem , Other than that this ROM is the best there is :D. any ideas?
3G works fine for me. Sorry I can't offer more help.

Upvote 0

did you *22899 ?

Reactions: Batbriel
Upvote 0
Im a bit foggy on how to set the different keyboards to be default. The GB keyboard is just a bit too small for me. I installed the improved version of the GB keyboard but dont notice any difference and cant find anything to choose from (swipe/android kb).

In Fabs directions he says
"keyboard: this switches keyboards, with 3 options (gb, wmt, bmt)

gb: gingerbread
wmt: white multitouch
bmt: black (AOSP 2.2) multitouch"

Can someone elaborate on this for me? Im wanting to use the original multitouch version again.

Thanks

Upvote 0
the dialer crashes on me everytime i try to go to the actual dialer tab. recent, contacts, and favorites all work fine, but the dialer tab just causes an instant close. any ideas?

edit: replaced it with the old dialer from Apex 1.0. doesn't look as snazzy, but it does its job.

Do you have your LCD Density changed? The T9 predictive dialer (new) does not seem to like to work at any density besides the default.

Im a bit foggy on how to set the different keyboards to be default. The GB keyboard is just a bit too small for me. I installed the improved version of the GB keyboard but dont notice any difference and cant find anything to choose from (swipe/android kb).

In Fabs directions he says
"keyboard: this switches keyboards, with 3 options (gb, wmt, bmt)

gb: gingerbread
wmt: white multitouch
bmt: black (AOSP 2.2) multitouch"

Can someone elaborate on this for me? Im wanting to use the original multitouch version again.

Thanks

Sure, you just append the appropriate choice to the keyboard script. So in terminal emulator:

su
keyboard -wmt

and after the reboot, you should be able to choose multitouch keyboard in settings to use the original keyboard. More info on scripts:

Using Scripts - FabDroid Wiki

ohohho, looks like binary visions beat me to it :p

Reactions: mezdup
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones